Current Status: For Hire!
My name is Stephen W. Thomas and I am an Independent Consultant specializing in Microsoft Integration Technologies, specifically Windows Azure and Microsoft BizTalk Server, including Hybrid solutions spanning on-prem and the cloud.
If you need Enterprise Integration assistance, have questions, or already have a Microsoft Azure Integration or BizTalk based project in the works, reach out to me! Let me help ensure the project is a success.
Currently, I live in Austin, Texas but travel all over the world as needed for my clients!
My start in Technology started in 1998 when I started and ran an online e-commerce business. Today, I have a strong focus in Microsoft Technologies, specifically integration using BizTalk Server and Windows Azure. I have been using BizTalk Server since 2001 and Azure since 2012.
My project-based experience includes working with BizTalk 2000 through 2016, Windows Azure Logic Apps, Windows Azure OnPrem Data Gateway, Azure API Apps, and Windows Azure IaaS.
I have experience with EDI, HIPAA (4010 and 5010), and HL7 transaction specifications plus worked with numerous custom flat file and XML specs.
I have worked in the insurance, automotive, online retail, fashion, healthcare, and services industries. With a strong focus in healthcare!
My experience includes:
- Hybrid Microsoft Integration Solutions between Cloud and On-Prem
- Architecting large scale, mission critical on-premises and cloud solutions using BizTalk Server, Logic Apps, and other Azure Technologies
- Windows Azure Logic Apps, API Apps, Service Bus, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Optimizing performance at both the code and server level for BizTalk Server
- Setting up continuous integration and nightly builds
- Developing Orchestrations, Schema, Pipelines, and Maps
- Working with Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
- Setting up BizTalk-based Business Rules
- Working with BizTalk ESB Toolkit and creating custom components
- Teaching BizTalk Administration and troubleshooting
- Teaching on Azure IaaS and Windows Logic Apps
- Mentoring and training client team members
The types of projects I typically work on generally fit into two types. The first type is large scale, mission critical projects that have a smaller, yet essential, integration component using Microsoft Technologies. I am typically responsible for all aspects of the integration and usually have a team of resources I am responsible for in terms of technical delivery. The second type of project I usually work on is a small project with me being the only BizTalk or Azure Integration resource responsible for complete solution delivery and basic knowledge transfer to full-time resources once complete.
Once I join a project, I tend to be one of the last experts to leave because I work well with the client and become knowledgeable with all aspects of a solution, not just the integration pieces.