Integration Experience and Past Assignments
Pluralsight (Author) 03/2013 – Current
Azure Integration and Messaging Author
Designed, created, and delivered eight courses covering Azure Logic Apps, Azure Messaging, and BizTalk Server.
Kendall Technologies, Inc. (President) 04/2005 – Current
Azure Solution Architect & Developer
Cloud Architect, developer, and owner of a single-person consulting company focusing solely on Microsoft Integration Technologies covering both on-prem and cloud-based solutions.
Note: Short projects are omitted
Project: Clark County District Attorney – Las Vegas, NV 01/2019 – 02/2021
Role: Integration Architect, BizTalk Developer (through 3rd Party)
- Designed and built an integration solution to JustWare (Legal Case Management System)
- Completed eight separate integration end-points
- Setup BizTalk360 to ensure complete system and business process monitoring
- Completed an upgrade from BizTalk 2016 to BizTalk 2020
- Worked with and mentored team members on BizTalk and integration basics
Project: QuickLearn Training – Seattle, WA 03/2018 – 07/2018
Role: Trainer (Direct to Client)
- Contract trainer for BizTalk and Azure courses
- Presented worldwide in person and remote courses
- Mentored and assisted students even after the courses were complete
Project: University Federal Credit Union– Austin, TX 05/2017 – 01/2018
Role: Integration Architect, BizTalk Developer (Direct to Client)
- Completed architecture review of new BizTalk 2016 Environment
- Reviewed existing 2010 solution and planned migration strategy
- Designed and built a new solution for in-order contact update across multiple systems
- Presented demo of Azure Logic Apps to 10+ resources
- Planned clients next steps for getting started with Microsoft Azure
Project: Stratosphere Quality – Indianapolis, IN 11/2016 – 04/2017
Role: Azure Architect, EDI Developer, Logic Apps Developer (Direct to Client)
- Reviewed EDI files needed for integration with an Auto Company
- Architected an Azure-based solution using Logic Apps and Integration Accounts
- Created numerous EDI and Flat File transactions for vendor payment
- Built a PowerShell based deployment process for the Azure Logic App solution
- Set up monitoring of deployed Logic Apps to ensure smooth operation in Production
Project: Allscripts – Raleigh, NC 05/2014 – 10/2016
Role: Overall Solution Architect, Developer (through 3rd party)
- Review existing BizTalk 2009 solution using HL7
- Architected a replacement for an existing HL7 based BizTalk solution using Toolkit toolkit
- Designed and build numerous ESB Itineraries and custom components Built a BizTalk Deployment Framework based build and deployment processes
- Designed an Azure-based solution using
- Web APIs, SQL Azure, and Service Bus
- Assisted in production support issues
- Led a team for 5 developers
Hartford Insurance Group – Hartford, CT (Contractor) 06/2004 – 04/2005
Integration Architect / BizTalk Developer
Senior Developer and Integration Architect working on a multi-million dollar, 150+ interface integration project with over 10 additional BizTalk Developers. Integrated client systems with Accenture’s SOURCE Claims Management System.
Auxis, Inc. – Miami, FL (Contractor) 04/2004 – 06/2005
Sole developer responsible for the Architecture, Design, and Build of a BizTalk 2004 integration solution providing near real-time data synchronization between Motek’s Priya Warehouse Management System and Microsoft Business Solution’s (MBS) Great Plains 8.
Avanade, Inc. – Irving, TX 06/2003 – 04/2004
Senior Solution Developer
Designed and built a new communication system for use in a large C# windows application using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004. Designed and developed complex C# web services and Service Agents for use in the windows application.
Accenture – Irving, TX 08/2000 – 10/2002
Technical Architecture Consultant
Acquired new skills quickly to become the go-to developer on several projects. Operated as the lead technical resource on 3 projects. Designed and developed effective technical solutions to client specifications.
Lighting Collectibles – Texarkana, TX 05/1991 – 08/2000
Owner and Developer
Started new retail business in 1991. Deployed the business to the web in 1996. Designed and developed all HTML content and integrated state-of-the-art shopping cart system with real-time credit card processing.